WordPress Optimization and Monetization Tools
Long time no WordPress Add-Ons , since i use Blogger , do not know WordPress Plug Ins very well.For those looking for some good plugins for WordPress that will help you optimize and monetize your blog read below. I have listed some of my favorites that I am starting to use and learn on this blog. Optimizing
- Akismet Spam Blocker: This is an absolute must! Blocking SPAM comment SPAM can be a constant challenge without this plugin. All you have to do is get the free API and click “activate”. I think that some people are hesitant or just plain lazy and end up not getting the needed API for this plugin. It’s free, it reduces your workload automatically, and it works!
- All-In-One SEO Pack: This plugin is really a must for any blogger or website developer. “This plugin is streamlined for some best practices for WordPress SEO”. The All-In-One SEO pack helps you to effectivey raise your search engine ranking on a page-by-page level by adding tags, descriptions and titles more efficiently.
- CForms II: Every blog needs a contact page. Although much more than just a contact page form builder,CFormsII is a full-featured, AJAXian plugin that makes it easy for you to create forms and add them to your pages. Including SPAM protection like CAPTCHA imges is a snap. Although the interface may seem a bit complex, this plugin is really the Cadillac of forms for WordPress.
- Google XML Sitemaps: Submitting your sitemap to Google manually can be a time consuming task. Lucky for us, there is this free plugin that does it automatically after every post. Not only does it keep Google abreast of your updates, it also helps to increase your findability on web searches.
- ShareThis: Social Bookmarking is a great way to gain site visitors. Accounting for a large chunk of traffic and exposure, adding links to sites like Digg, Reddit, and StumbleUpon is now really easy to do and takes just one mouse click.
- Viper’s Video Quicktags: Adding video content to blog posts can be a real pain. You can’t really do it in the visual editor and sometimes the code just doesn’t work properly with WordPress. Viper’s video quicktags helps to ease the process and makes adding video to your posts a snap.
- AdSense Manager: Do you have Google AdSense? Then you know that sometimes adding the code to your site is not as straightforward as you’d like. With this plugin, you can automatically generate AdSense code and position the ads via widgets.
- FeedBurner FeedSmith: I’m not really sure if this belongs in this category or if it belongs in the “optimization” category. FeebBurner FeedSmith helps you to easily make available and visible your FeedBurner feed. The reason I have this here is that I monetize my RSS Feed, so if you don’t have or use FeedBurner to manage your RSS, you really should!
- PayPal Donate: If you want to have an easy way for your readers to send you money, than this is it! Adding a quickly recognizable Paypal button to your posts or pages, this plugin makes it easy for you to receive money through PayPal.
- RSS Footer: Tying in with the above mentioned FeedBurner plugin, RSS footer is the “how” you monetize your RSS feed. Adding affiliate links or paid advertising is a snap and you can be as creative as you want to be in how to monetize the feed.
- Triggit: I’ve been using Triggit now for about a week. It’s so easy to add links to Amazon, Commission Junction, Shopping.com, and others, this plugin makes monetizing your blog really easy.
- WP-Amazon: Amazon.com is one of the world’s biggest online retailers. Now adding contextually relevant links to your posts is a snap!
[by nichegreek.com ]